Sorry, there are no products in this collection.
Use AccuMeth® to detect methamphetamine residue in properties contaminated by smoking meth or producing methamphetamine. For use on any nonporous surface - walls, floors, ceilings, fans, cabinets, etc. Find out if your home is making you sick!
AccuMeth® kits are designed to meet clandestine drug lab assessment and remediation regulatory requirements. Reliable, professional grade meth tests! Used by decontamination specialists, health departments, housing authorities, landlords, renters, social service personnel, law enforcement, tribal entities, home buyers, industrial hygienists - ANY individual or organizations with suspect properties.
The paragraphs below list which states are regulated and their meth residue limits per 100cm2. Please note, not all states are regulated.
- 0.1 is the standard for Montana, Tennessee, South Dakota, Idaho, Oklahoma, West Virginia, New Mexico, Nebraska, Kentucky, Alaska, Minnesota (production sites), HI; Colorado (0.2 screening) and Arkansas (0.05). To target the 0.1 ug/100cm2 legal standard choose the AccuMeth® meth residue kit (test 1 area, get 1 result) and/or the AccuMeth®4-Part meth test (sample 4 areas, get 1 averaged result). Or select the AccuMeth® Combo Pack: test 4 surface areas within the home for 1 averaged result; then sample the cold air return of the heat system separately for an additional result (heat systems concentrate residue).
- 0.5 is the standard for Indiana, Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming (.75 ug), Minnesota (use homes). Use these meth test kits for Utah - regulated at the 1.0 ug standard. To target the 0.5 ug/100cm2 legal standard choose the AccuMeth®5 meth testing kit (sample 1 area, get 1 result) and/or the AccuMeth®5,4-Part methamphetamine test kit (wipe 4 areas, get an averaged result). Or choose the AccuMeth® 2-Pack kit: use the AccuMeth®5,4-Part for interior walls, floors and ceilings, the use the AccuMeth®5 to test the heat system.
- Try the AccuMeth®1.5 meth residue test kit that targets the 1.5 µg/100cm2 regulatory standard (sample 1 area for meth contamination, get 1 result). 1.5 ug/100cm2 is the standard for Washington, California, Arizona and Colorado (use and post decon encapsulated sites).
Easy-to-Use Pictorial Instructions provided. Watch on YouTube or Vimeo. You can also view the demonstration video here; the first listed is the AccuMeth and AccuMeth5 video; the second is the AccuMeth4 and AccuMeth5,4 video.
To quickly and accurately test for methamphetamine in homes or other structures using AccuMeth® kits follow these simple steps:
1. Tape template to a surface
2. Wet gauze wipe with buffer
3. Sample within template
4. Insert wipe into syringe
5. Plunge & rinse into solution
6. Pipette drops onto cassette well
7. Wait a few minutes
8. Compare to Line Intensity Card
2. What is a Line Intensity Card?
Most instant methamphetamine test kit results are qualitative; they are either positive or negative. AccuMeth® kits are better than that. AccuMeth® brand test kits semi-quantitative. You can compare the color of the AccuMeth® cassette line to a Line Intensity Card to show meth contamination levels above or below the target standard - in a gradient. Both the 0.1 and 0.5 standard cards and gradients are shown below.
AccuMeth 0.1 Line Intensity Card
AccuMeth 0.5 Line Intensity Card
AccuMeth 1.5 Line Intensity Card
3. How Does the Black Box Reader® Work?
Black Box Reader® is an easy-to-use digital testing device designed to quantify methamphetamine residue using AccuMeth® kit cassettes and color change. The Black Box Reader® views this color change with an “electronic eye” to obtain exact readings of an AccuMeth® cassette to within + or - 0.05 µg of the target standard. Just push a button! Fits in the palm of your hand!
4. What Are Meth Residue Standards?
Standards help determine if the meth residue in a home constitutes a health risk. Regulated states set acceptable levels of methamphetamine reside contamination limits within a structure. This helps keep our homes safe. Please note that not all states are regulated and keep in mind, although a state may not yet be regulated, many counties have clandestine drug lab testing and decontamination ordinances. NOTE: 1 microgram (µg) is 1 millionth of a gram. For addition information on state regulations and disclosure, please visit Meth Lab Cleanup Company's corporate website.
5. Are Instant Meth Tests Accurate?
AccuMeth® brand kits have been validated by independent laboratory analysis, field testing and university review (statistical analysis).
AccuMeth® sampling methods have been compared to the surface wipe sampling protocols of National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) 9111, NIOSH 9106 and American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM) D6661-01. Studies conclude that AccuMeth® is sensitive, specific and suitable to measure methamphetamine contamination to legal standards. AccuMeth validation data has been submitted to the EPA for recognition (July 2020).
AccuMeth® results do not result in false negatives or false positives. Our kits measure meth and only meth! Not nicotine, cotton-candy, cocaine - nothing will skew the results. If meth is present, AccuMeth® will detect it.
AccuMeth® kits are nonhazardous. They do not have to be disposed of as hazardous waste like other instant meth tests!
AccuMeth® is safe for anyone to use. There are no shipping fees to the laboratory and no waiting on laboratory results! Get reliable results, instantly.
View our combination packs:
AccuMeth® Combo-Pack: AccuMeth® & AccuMeth®4-Part
AccuMeth® 2-Pack: AccuMeth®5 & AccuMeth®5,4-Part
AccuMeth®/ MethAssure® Dual-Pack: AccuMeth®4-Part & MethAssure®