Use AccuMeth® to detect methamphetamine residue in properties contaminated by smoking meth or producing methamphetamine. For use on any nonporous surface - walls, floors, ceilings, fans, cabinets, etc. Find out if your home is making you sick!
AccuMeth® kits are designed to meet clandestine drug lab assessment and remediation regulatory requirements. Reliable, professional grade meth tests! Used by decontamination specialists, health departments, housing authorities, landlords, renters, social service personnel, law enforcement, tribal entities, home buyers, industrial hygienists - ANY individual or organizations with suspect properties.
The paragraphs below list which states are regulated and their meth residue limits per 100cm2. Please note, not all states are regulated.
- 0.1 is the standard for Tennessee, Arizona, North Carolina, South Dakota, Idaho, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Nebraska, Kentucky, Alaska, Hawaii, Minnesota (production sites); Colorado (0.2 screening); Oregon and Arkansas (0.05). To target this standard choose the AccuMeth®0.1 meth residue kit (test 1 area, get 1 result) and/or the AccuMeth®0.1,4-Part meth test (sample 4 areas, get 1 averaged result). Or select the AccuMeth®0.1 Combo Pack: test 4 surface areas within the home using AccuMeth®0.1,4; then sample the cold air return of the heat system separately with the AccuMeth®0.1 (heat systems concentrate residue).
- 0.5 is the standard for Indiana, Michigan, Colorado (in general) and Minnesota (use homes). This kit works also for Wyoming's standard - .75 ug. To target the 0.5 ug/100cm2 legal standard choose the AccuMeth®0.5 meth testing kit (sample 1 area, get 1 result) and/or the AccuMeth®0.5,4 methamphetamine test kit (wipe 4 areas, get an averaged result). Or select the AccuMeth®0.5 Combo Pack: use the AccuMeth®0.5,4 for interior walls, floors and ceilings, the use the AccuMeth®0.5 to test the heat system.
- Use the AccuMeth®1.0 (sample 1 area for meth contamination, get 1 result) methamphetamine test kit to target the 1.0 µg/100cm2 regulatory standard. The standard of 1.0 ug/100cm2 is the legal limit for Montana, West Virginia and Utah. You can also select the AccuMeth®1.0,4 methamphetamine test kit (wipe 4 areas, get an averaged result). Or choose the AccuMeth®1.0 Combo Pack: test 4 surface areas within the home with the AccuMeth®1.0,4 for 1 averaged result; then sample the cold air return of the heat system separately with the AccuMeth®1.0 for an additional result (heat systems concentrate residue).
- Try the AccuMeth®1.5 meth residue test kit that targets the 1.5 µg/100cm2 regulatory standard (sample 1 area for meth contamination, get 1 result). 1.5 ug/100cm2 is the standard for Washington, California and Colorado (use and post decon encapsulated sites). Or choose the AccuMeth®1.5 Combo Pack: use the AccuMeth®1.5,4 for interior walls, floors and ceilings, the use the AccuMeth®1.5 to test the heat system.
Easy-to-Use Pictorial Instructions provided. Watch on YouTube or Vimeo. You can also view the demonstration video here; the first listed is the AccuMeth®0.1 and AccuMeth®0.5 video (also view for AccuMeth®1.0 and AccuMeth®1.5). The second video is the AccuMeth®0.1,4 and AccuMeth®0.5,4 (also view for AccuMeth®1.0,4 and AccuMeth®1.5,4).
AccuMeth Discrete (single sample area) Video | All Standards
AccuMeth Composite (4 sample areas) Video | All Standards
To quickly and accurately test for methamphetamine in homes or other structures using AccuMeth® kits follow these simple steps:
1. Tape template to a surface
2. Wet gauze wipe with buffer
3. Sample within template
4. Insert wipe into syringe
5. Plunge & rinse into solution
6. Pipette drops onto cassette well
7. Wait a few minutes
8. Compare to Line Intensity Card
2. What is a Line Intensity Card?
Most instant methamphetamine test kit results are qualitative; they are either positive or negative. AccuMeth® kits are better than that. AccuMeth® brand test kits semi-quantitative. You can compare the color of the AccuMeth® cassette line to a Line Intensity Card to show meth contamination levels above or below the target standard - in a gradient. The 0.1, 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5 standard cards and gradients are shown below.
AccuMeth 0.1 Line Intensity Card
AccuMeth 0.5 Line Intensity Card
AccuMeth 1.0 Line Intensity Card
AccuMeth 1.5 Line Intensity Card
3. How Does the Black Box Reader® Work?
Black Box Reader® is an easy-to-use digital testing device designed to quantify methamphetamine residue using AccuMeth® kit cassettes and color change. The Black Box Reader® views this color change with an “electronic eye” to obtain exact readings of an AccuMeth® cassette to within + or - 0.05 µg of the target standard. Just push a button! Fits in the palm of your hand!
4. What Are Meth Residue Standards?
Standards help determine if the meth residue in a home constitutes a health risk. Regulated states set acceptable levels of methamphetamine reside contamination limits within a structure. This helps keep our homes safe. Please note that not all states are regulated and keep in mind, although a state may not yet be regulated, many counties have clandestine drug lab testing and decontamination ordinances. NOTE: 1 microgram (µg) is 1 millionth of a gram. For addition information on state regulations and disclosure, please visit Meth Lab Cleanup Company's corporate website.
5. Are Instant Meth Tests Accurate?
AccuMeth® brand kits have been validated by independent laboratory analysis, field testing and university review (statistical analysis).
AccuMeth® sampling methods have been compared to the surface wipe sampling protocols of National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) 9111, NIOSH 9106 and American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM) D6661-01. Studies conclude that AccuMeth® is sensitive, specific and suitable to measure methamphetamine contamination to legal standards. AccuMeth validation data has been submitted to the EPA for recognition (July 2020).
AccuMeth® results do not result in false negatives or false positives. Our kits measure meth and only meth! Not nicotine, cotton-candy, cocaine - nothing will skew the results. If meth is present, AccuMeth® will detect it.
AccuMeth® kits are nonhazardous. They do not have to be disposed of as hazardous waste like other instant meth tests!
AccuMeth® is safe for anyone to use. There are no shipping fees to the laboratory and no waiting on laboratory results! Get reliable results, instantly.